The Guy Mascolo merit scholarship was created in loving memory of TONI&GUY co-founder Guy Mascolo, who passed away in 2009. Alongside his brothers, Guy started TONI&GUY in London, England over 50 years ago, and helped to establish the brand as the international icon it is today. Guy is remembered for his warm presence, his passion for hairdressing and his love for life. He had an impact on everyone he met and has left a grand legacy for many to follow in his footsteps.
“When embarking on a career in fashion and beauty, it is essential to have talent and skills...Take care. Strive to be happy. I wish you equal success.”
The following schools will award $1,000 Guy Mascolo Merit Scholarships to those who qualify: Scottsdale (Arizona), Costa Mesa (California), Santa Monica (California), Atlanta (Georgia), Dallas (Texas), Keller (Texas), Jacksonville (Florida), and Seattle (Washington).
Students will be eligible to receive the Guy Mascolo Merit Scholarship if they meet the following requirements:
3.0 GPA (cumulative high school or most recent year of college) or 550 GED score
Qualified students must show proof of the above requirements for review to be granted the $1,000 Guy Mascolo Merit Scholarship.
Student must meet all enrollment acceptance criteria and enroll in program.
The total award amount of the Guy Mascolo Merit Scholarship is $1,000. This amount will be disbursed at the beginning of each payment period in equal amounts as long as you continue to meet the institutional monthly progress percentages required while in attendance at TONI&GUY Hairdressing Academy.
The Guy Mascolo Merit Scholarship offers first-time new students the opportunity to participate in the TONI&GUY Merit Scholarship Program to recognize outstanding academic achievement.
The Guy Mascolo Merit Scholarship Program is intended to assist students who maintain continuous enrollment while maintaining high academic achievement. This scholarship is therefore not available to re-entry students.
For a first-time new student to participate in the Guy Mascolo Merit scholarship they must provide their most recent academic transcript that documents the following:
- An overall cumulative non-weighted grade point average of 3.0 or higher on the 4.0 grading scale for completed (grades 9th – 12th) high school; or
- An overall cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher for their first fully completed year of post-secondary education; or
- A general education diploma (GED) score of 550 or higher on each portion of the test
- Submit an application and all required documents prior to signing your contract.
While in active attendance at TONI&GUY Hairdressing Academy you must maintain and be in good standing with the institutional monthly progress policy by maintaining a 97% attendance rate and an 80% grade point average.
How to Apply
- Request an application from the admissions director.
- Submit your application and all documents required before signing your contract.
- The admissions director will notify you of application approval/denial.
Book a Tour